Ardent Sound, Inc., founded in 1994, is a privately owned,
FDA registered and ISO 13485 certified medical device
research and development focused company.
Ardent Sound is led by Peter Barthe, Ph.D., who has more than 25 years of leadership in the medical ultrasound imaging and therapy field. Ardent Sound works with numerous medical device manufacturers around the world and is the exclusive provider of development services to Guided Therapy Systems (GTS).
Over the years, Ardent Sound has developed more than 40 innovative diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound projects for some of the most recognized brands in ultrasound as well as leading universities and the National Institutes of Health (NIH). We have extensive experience in the design and commercialization of ultrasound based imaging and therapeutic systems for both the professional and consumer medical device markets.
KEY EXPERTISE INCLUDES:
- Innovative ultrasound imaging, therapy, and imaging/therapy systems design
- Ultrasound imaging and therapy transducer design and manufacturing
- Acoustic transducer, system and bioeffects modeling, simulation and measurement
- Analog, digital, mechanical, and software design, from requirements specification through
development, verification and validation.
- Technology transfer to partners and manufacturing sites
- Consulting, custom equipment and services